Monday, November 22, 2010

Holiday shoppers were out this weekend getting their early Christmas shopping done

It was a nice surprise to see the snow coming down yesterday afternoon.  It's still coming down right now like I'm used to seeing in my old hometown of Troy, NY.  I wonder if my family has gotten any snow yet?  If they haven't this will be a first that we got snow here in Washington before them.

But this little snow blip hasn't kept the shoppers home this past weekend.  I participated in a Pre-Black Friday Holiday Bazaar, my first in about 20 years, I evolved into knitwear.  Hats and scarves are a necessity for this first snow of the season. I began knitting about 4 years ago and have found a community that is growing in popularity among the young and the old, men and women, celebrities and just the average Joe.  Knitting is no longer a lost art, it seems to be coming back into fashion [Knitting: not your grandmother's hobby].

The Bazaar opened it's doors at 11:00 a.m. and were there until 6:00 p.m. and had a steady flow of shoppers which many of the vendors were very happy with overall.  Had the opportunity to speak with the event coordinator and she has already received requests for participation next year - so much so, she has to find a larger location.  I took a couple of pictures of the event seen below.




We had a little of everything for all the shoppers who came through: Discovery Toys, Taylor Made Pantry (tried her pumpkin spice pop - awesome!), Miche Bags, Cookie Lee, Adalynn's Bowtique, Cute as a Bug, Creative Memories, Blue Sky Foundation, AloeforMocha, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Greetings by Moe & Mora, Stella & Dot, The Finest Accessories, Addies Gifts, Soul Purpose, Hero on My Wrist, Xocai Chocolates, and Passion.  We had a great time!  I'm looking forward to doing this again.

I sold a few items - people loved the Fun Fur hats - they were a big hit! I have several orders for these in several different colors.  After I complete my orders from the bazaar, my charity donations, and my family's gifts, I will be taking a much needed break from knitting - give my hands and fingers a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment