Monday, May 1, 2017

Summer is almost here, what are you knitting?

Now that the warm weather is getting here, many of us knitters put away the wools and wool blends and change over to the cottons and cotton blends to create lighter weight garments and accessories. What are some of the items you like to make during the warmer months?

Me I am getting ready for the my local Farmers Markets. I'm making a wide range of new items and bringing back some of my popular items to sell at the Kent Farmers Market in August and the Auburn International Farmers Market in September.

I'm looking forward to these markets once again. I took a long hiatus from doing summer shows and now I'm back. I've decided to do more items that are geared for the warmer weather, such as baby items in cotton (sun hats and booties), hair/headbands, felted dryer balls, market bags, bottle totes, cotton frisbees, hacky sacks, assorted key chains, baby rattles and bibs, pacifier clips, i-cord bracelets, potholders and dishcloth sets, cup cozies, pocket slippers, kitchen/bath scrubbers, swiffer covers, and baby blocks.

Here are some of my items that I've made so far:

Owl rattles
Crochet headbands
Froggie key chain


Owl key chain
Bunny rattle
Cotton frisbees
Hacky sacks
Felted dryer balls

Pacifier clip
Share some of your warmer weather items I'd love to hear from you and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment