Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm back!!!

I know I've been MIA in the blogging department lately, and I apologize to all of you who faithfully follow me here.

I've been pretty busy with knitting, felting, crocheting, and all things yarn related - getting ready for my first indoor flea market on Saturday and Sunday, June 23 & 24 at the Funky Junk Northwest Indoor Flea Market in Bellevue (located at 13310 Bel-Red Road, Suite 103, Bellevue). I hope to see some of you there.

You can come by and check out some of my newest market bags:

Grrlfriend Market Bag designed by Laura Spradlin of Sugar Bunny Blvd. These versatile bags are great for carrying groceries, books, knitting projects, and all sorts of things you need to tote around with you. The bag starts with a square bottom knit from the center outward using double pointed needles. When the square gets big enough you switch to circular needles. It's an easy design and fast to knit. I knit these within two to three days just doing it while watching TV in the evenings. I've already started on another one in this really great turquoise color.



Let's see what else have I been working on...hmmm. Oh yeah, I've been trying my hand at felting and I can only say that once you start, it's hard to stop!

I call this one Too Funky to be Square, my version of
the All Square Bag  (on Ravelry) designed by Eva Wiechmann
from Pursenalities
I call this one my Ruby Red Sparkle Bag
a spin-off of the Vintage Bubble Bag (on Ravelry),
another design by Eva Wiechmann from
Pursenalities
This too is a version of another of Eva Wiechmann's
designs - the Lagoon (on Ravelry) that can be found in
Pursenality Plus
I've done a bit of crochet as well, I tried my hand at some other types of bags, such as this drawstring beach bag:


I call it my Beach Blanket Bingo Bag
my version of the Lace Tote by Ruth Sheppard (on Ravelry)
found in Enviro-Totes (on Ravelry)

My version of Ruth Sheppard's Bucket Tote (on Ravelry) also
can be found in Enviro-Totes (on Ravelry). This
is still a Work-In-Progress (WIP)
I've been trying out some new designs for slouchy berets as well, here are a few:

My version of the Gwen Slouch (on Ravelry)
designed by Lauren Nell
My version of the Because of Love (on Ravelry) 
designed by Janel Laidman
My version of the Spring Beret (on Ravelry) 
designed by Natalie Larson (on Ravelry)
As a very special gift for a friend's mother, I made this shawl called the Monarch Shawl designed by Denise @ Lost City Knits.

'


So as you can see I've been a very busy knitter.  I hope you will continue to follow my blog, even if I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to blogging these days.  I'm hoping to get a new blog up soon with my new Knitter Mama logo and this blog will be moved, I will keep you all posted about it, but until then, Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see you using Laura's pattern for the market bags. She is the daughter of my significant other. If we were married, she'd be my step-daughter, but since we are not, I think of her as my daughter-out-law. Legal or not, she's a sweetie for sure. Your renditions of her pattern are delightful, as is everything else you're working on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Sharon. I really do love your daughter-out-law's (lol) pattern. I've made about 6 of the bags so far.

    ReplyDelete