Friday, December 23, 2011

It has been a while...

I've been woefully neglectful of my blog these past few months, because this is the busiest time of the year for a knitter.  Gosh, I feel like Santa Claus saying that! But it's been great making and selling my items.

In November, I officially became a Washington State small business owner/operator; I applied for a Washington State Business License and a local city business license. I am now obligated to pay state sales tax to the State of Washington! I never intended for it to go this far, I had initially began the online shop as a hobby business just to earn a little extra cash, but it has turned into almost another full-time job and my sales have picked up considerably during the months of October, November, and December. Which is wonderful for my Christmas fund money, but man am I tired.

If I'm not at my day job, I'm at home knitting into the late hours, then going to bed to get up at 5:30 a.m. to get to my day job by 7:00 a.m., work until 5:00 p.m. and then go home cook dinner for my son, feed and take out the dog and by around 7:00 p.m. I'm sitting on my couch watching my DVR'ed shows while knitting away. Whew! That's an over full day.  But I'm loving it. I really enjoy making the products that I sell and I'm happy that others are enjoying my craft.

So, Handmade Knits by Knitter Mama is now on Facebook as well as Etsy (Knitter Mama). But my Etsy, online shop is on vacation until after the new year, but that doesn't mean I get to take a vacation from knitting. I will be knitting new items all next week to post to my shop and having a 25% off sale for selected items that are currently in my shop.

Over the past few months I've knitted quite a few orders, here are just a few of those items:












  










































I haven't let the knitting get too much in the way of enjoying other aspects of my life.  High school basketball season started in December and I've been catching all my son's JV games!  I'm not a big sports fan, and I don't watch basketball on television, but I love watching my son play.  Here he is going up for a shot at a game on December 10th:

#34 (my son - Aiden) making a shot against Kentwood
High School - December 10, 2011
(picture courtesy of BG Photography & Editing)
Here he is again, during the same game:

I swear he's about 3 feet off the floor!
(picture courtesy of BG Photography & Editing)
It is so awesome to see him play. I'm always the loudest one cheering when he scores.

It will be nice to have some down time, I will try to get some relaxtion in during my vacation, but I will be knitting, but not at such a frantic rate as I did these last few months.

Well if I don't get a chance to post again before Christmas, I hope everyone has a safe and very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and Happy Knitting New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment