Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day for Knitters & Crocheters

I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day for many reasons that I will not get into here, but I don’t have to be a fan to enjoy making special knitted or crochet items for my friends and family to enjoy on this commercially motivated holiday that the cardmakers make a bundle on (oops sorry I said I wasn't going to go into it here...)

Anywho, you don't have to like the holiday to want to make and give special handmade gifts like the Sweet Heart Crochet by Bella Dia (pictured below) - aren't they so cute? And wouldn't your little one like to have her very own heart-shaped Valentine's Bag card holder. And for more Valentine's Day knitting, you can check out Knitting Pattern Central and start with the pages designated for hearts and flowers; here you'll find something for everyone on your Valentine's Day list.


Sweetheart Crochet by Bella Dia

Valentine's Bag
(card holder)
Anyone can send chocolates or flowers, but you aren't like anyone, you are a knitter/crocheter, so get creative with your Valentine's Day gifts.  Why not make this cute Cupcake Pincushion for your friend who loves to sew. Wouldn't this make the perfect Valentine's Day gift?


Or you could check out the blog post I'm Seeing Red on Fiber Arts, where you will find patterns for heart garland (knit and crochet), Anna Hrachovec’s Mochimochi Land stuff tiny hearts, and a heart dishcloth.  All are creative and fun ways to say I Y you this Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment