Monday, November 30, 2015

Giving Handmade Only This Year

I've decided to go all handmade this year. I pledge to not buy any store bought gifts this year. All my family and friends will get a knit or crochet item from me.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I made my list of who I'm giving gifts to and ideas on what I could make for them. I'm finding it fun to try to figure out what would be a good gift for each. I'm trying to base my selections on the person's personality and what I know of them from what they wear or shown interest in when I post on my Facebook page.

I've gotten a few orders from a few friends and co-workers, like four hats for my friend Judith who needs them for her three boys and husband. Two co-workers want a Seahawks 12th Man hat that I designed.


Another co-worker wants a pair of the Pocketbook Slippers for her son. I made a pair as an example to see how they were made and how they would fit and brought them to work to show off to friends and immediately got a request for a pair. I really liked the ease of which these are made so I've decided to give them as gifts this year.




What are some of your handmade items this year? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment