Thursday, November 13, 2014

If you haven't started your holiday gift-knitting...now is the time

I've been slowly getting some holiday knitting done, in between a few custom orders. I recently finished two custom orders for owl hats with matching owl fingerless mitts.

Made using Kenzie by Hikoo by skacel
 50% wool, 25% nylon, 10% angora, 10% alpaca
using Kenzie by Hikoo by skacel
50% wool, 25% nylon, 10% angora, 10% alpaca

I'm currently working on a cowl that I've designed myself, with simple stitches like 2x2 ribbing, garter stitch, k2, p2 then p2, k2; giving the cowl some texture. I'm in the home stretch with it and I can't wait to see how it turns out after blocking. I'm using a yarn called Dolcetto by JoAnn Sensations. A bulky weight yarn that is 54% wool, 24% nylon and 22% cotton, this combination gives it a nice smooth feel and drapes really well once you block it.

I was very excited when a co-worker handed me a sandwich bag full of wine corks! Now I can make enough Pint Sized Pines for just about everyone on my holiday gift-knitting list. And no sooner than I posted the finished trees on my Facebook page, I got an order to make two of them right away.  A few days later I got another order to make four more! Good thing I got another bag of corks, I couldn't possibly drink enough wine to keep up with the orders!!!


I'm looking for more ideas for this holiday gift-knitting. What are your projects this year? What do you make to give as gifts? I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment